Whips, mixes or kneads product.
Equipment Safety Precautions
Always use care with any electrical equipment.
- Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry that could get caught in the machinery.
- Before you put together, clean or take apart electrical equipment
- Turn off the appliance.
- Turn offthe circuit breaker,* wall switch or unplugfrom the electrical outlet.
- Keep your hands and utensils away from the mixer bowl and blades when operating.
- Always follow lockout/tagout procedures for your facility.
Food Safety Precautions
To prevent cross-contamination
- Clean and sanitize equipment before use.
- Clean and sanitize the bowl and beater thoroughly between uses,when you use the mixer for more than one item.
Safe Operating Directions
- Check that electrical outlet and machine power sources are OFF.
- Place the bowl so that the holes on the brackets and the bowl line up, then fasten the clamps.
- Place the beater in the bowl and lock it in place over the shaft pin**.
- Use the bowl lift handle** to raise the bowl to mix position. Make sure the bowl does not touch the beater and damage the equipment. (This could cause metal shavings to physically contaminate the food.)
- Put the food to be mixed into the bowl.
- Turn the electrical outlet and machine power sources ON.
- To start, choose the LOWEST mixing speed .
- Turn the machine OFF when you add more ingredients or switch gears for a higher mixing speed.
- When the food is processed, turn the machine switch OFF.
- Turn the circuit breaker or wall switch OFF or unplug the machine from the electrical outlet.
- Lower the bowl with the lift handle.
- Remove the beater, and unlatch the bowl.
- Remove the food to a clean and sanitized container.
Safe Cleaning Directions
- Clean and sanitize the beater and bowl.
- Clean the mixer.
- Make sure the machine is turned off.
- Unplug the machine from the electrical outlet.
- Dip a clean cloth into a mix of hot water and mild detergent, and wring out excess water.
- Clean and sanitize the machine.
- Allow to thoroughly air dry.
- Rinse and wash the beater and bowl with hot water, and mild detergent.
- Rinse well with hot water.
- Allow to air dry.
* Circuit Breaker – A circuit breaker automatically stops the flow of electricity when the electric circuit gets overloaded. You can also switch off a circuit breaker by hand at any time.
Circle the answer that best describes the safe operatingprocedures related to using and cleaning afood mixer.
- What is the first step when using afood mixer?
- Place the food in the bowl.
- Place the beater on the shaft.
- Turn the machine on.
- Check that all machine power sources are off.
- When you attach the bowl, make sure that
- The food is in the bowl.
- The beater touches the bowl.
- The bowl lines up and is fastened in place.
- All of the above.
- When using the mixer, startprocessing
- At the speed specified in the recipe’s instructions.
- At a medium speed.
- At the lowest speed.
- At the highest speed.
- To clean and sanitize a food mixer, make sure the machine is OFF, then
- Clean and sanitize the bowl and beater in hot water and mild detergent.
- Clean the bowl and beater in hot water and mild detergent; rinse and sanitize. Wipe machine with a clean cloth dipped in hot water and detergent; rinse and sanitize.
- Clean the bowl and beater in hot water and mild detergent; rinse and sanitize. Wipe machine with a wet cloth.
- None of the above.