Research shows that improper handling, preparation, and storage of food at home can cause foodborne illness. Consumers can reduce the risk of foodborne illness by following these easy steps of Clean, Separate, Cook and Chill. Some of the materials below are available in multiple languages.
- Fight BAC!® Four Steps to Food Safety – fact sheet
- Keeping Your Family Fed if the Power Goes Out – fact sheet
- Keeping Food Safe if the Power Goes Out – fact sheet
- Safe Bag Lunches – fact sheet
- Wash Hands – poster
Use the Keep Food Safe This Season Social Media Toolkit to reach consumers with timely social media messages for Instagram, X, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other outlets.
- Keep Food Safe This Holiday Season Social Media Toolkit (November 2023)
- Keep Food Safe This Summer: Cookouts and Grilling Social Media Toolkit (June/July 2023)
- Keep Food Safe This Summer: Cookouts Social Media Toolkit (May/June 2023)
- Keep Food Safe This Winter: Power Outage Social Media Toolkit (January 2023)